Register for the walk - Walk the Test Way - Sponsored Charity Walk

Register for the walk

Terms and Conditions for Walk the Test Way 2018 Registration

Printable Terms and Conditions 2018

Please be aware in registering for the walk, all walkers agree to the following:

  1. Walkers under 16 must be registered, and accompanied on the walk by an adult. A group leader should ensure approval to walk and for Rotary to hold their personal data has been obtained from their parent/guardian
  2. They will pay a non-refundable Registration Fee to the "Rotary Club of Romsey Test Trust Fund" as a contribution to the walk costs either by:
    • PayPal at point of registration (PayPal accepts credit and debit cards)
    • Cheque Payable to The Rotary Club of Romsey Test Trust Fund by post to The Registrar, Walk the Test Way, PO Box 335, Romsey, Hants. SO51 1BP
    • Bank Transfer to Co-operative Bank plc, Sort Code 08-92-99, account number A/C 65802667
  3. They will each aim to raise Sponsorship (we suggest minimum of £50) in support of their nominated charity either by:
    • Online using JustGiving, specifying "Rotary Club of Romsey Test Trust Fund" in support of the "Walk the Test Way"
    • Use printed sponsorship sheets and agree to collect the sponsorship money and forward it together with the completed sheets to the Rotary Club's Walk Registrar within 3 weeks after the walk.
  4. They will pay all sponsorship to the Walk Registrar, NOT to their nominated charity.
  5. They understand The Rotary Club of Romsey Test will where appropriate claim back Gift Aid from HMRC and add to the sponsorship. Rotary will then deduct 25% from the total for the Club's own charitable purposes; the remaining 75% will be sent to their nominated charity. But it will be 20% and 80% if sponsorship is raised through JustGiving.
  6. They will have adequate clothing and footwear, and be able to complete their chosen walk. If walking the ‘marathon’ walkers should be able to finish in 9 hours, an average of at least 3mph.
  7. They will follow the directions of the walk marshals and not leave the signposted and marshalled route without notifying a marshal.
  8. If a walker is unable to continue or needs medical assistance, they will advise the nearest marshal, who can call for medical assistance or evacuation.
  9. If walking with a dog they should ensure it is on a short lead at all times particularly where contact with livestock is possible.
  10. Walkers who arrive at the Old Salisbury Lane after 1700hrs, should note that for safety reasons they must take transport provided to the Romsey Memorial Park for medals presentation.
  11. They understand that photos will be taken by Rotarians and others and may be used for Walk Test Way Event publicity in a variety of media.
  12. They understand that the personal data they provide is stored for a limited time on a computer system for the safe administration of “Walk the Test Way” and will not be used or conveyed to any other person or organisation for any other purpose without your prior consent during registration. See Privacy & Cookie Use Policy

Proceed to registration