Sponsorship - Walk the Test Way - Sponsored Charity Walk

Sponsorship Information

We encourage you to raise Sponsorship through JustGiving

                                               Printable Sponsorship Instructions

  • After setting up JustGiving all you do is send a link to your supporters and encourage them to donate.
  • They can even donate using their mobile phones with a 6 digit code
  • JustGiving will send the donations including Gift Aid to Rotary who will distribute to the chosen charities.
  • We distribute 80% of donations raised direct to your chosen charity. The remaining 20% is used to support the Rotary Club of Romsey Test charitable giving.
  • Setting Up JustGiving is Easy!

- If you already have a JustGiving Account then simply click this link and log-in and follow the instructions to set up a fundraising page.

- If you are new to JustGiving, then click this link and click ‘sign up’ at the bottom of the log-in screen and go through the instructions to first create an account and then a fundraising page.

- After the fundraising page is created, you can personalise it by adding a profile picture, telling your story, etc. and setting up a text code for mobiles. Your story should refer to your chosen charity and team members.

- REMEMBER the page must be for the charity ‘Rotary Club of Romsey Test Trust Fund’ and for the ‘Walk the Test Way 2018’ event.

- Then just email your page link and text code to all of your contacts and ask them to donate – it’s that simple!

- Walkers are encouraged to raise at least £50 per person.

  • Please send the link to the Walk Treasurer if you have not entered it on registration. 
  • If you have any queries with setting up JustGiving, please contact: treasurer@walkthetestway.org.uk
Just Giving Logo

Please see the full instructions on the JustGiving website.


If you are not using JustGiving you must send the money you collect to the Walk Registrar - NOT directly to your chosen charity as follows...

  • If you are using Paper Sponsorship forms, when collecting monies please try to ensure that all sponsors who are UK income tax payers tick the Gift Aid column and give their address and postcode.
  • This will enable us to reclaim an extra 25% from HMRC and add to your sponsorship at no charge to you or your sponsor.
  • You must enclose the original completed Sponsorship Form when you submit the money collected otherwise we cannot collect this extra 25% from the Government.
  • We distribute 75% of donations raised direct to your chosen charity. The remaining 25% is used to support the Rotary Club of Romsey Test charitable giving.... but remember we will distribute 80% of your Sponsorship if raised through JustGiving
  • Sponsorship money can be submitted either by:

    - Cheque Payable to The Rotary Club of Romsey Test Trust Fund by post to The Registrar, Walk the Test Way, PO Box 335, Romsey, Hants. SO51 1BP. Please Mark back of cheque with Name and Walk Numbers.

    - Bank Transfer to Co-operative Bank plc, Sort Code 08-92-99, account number A/C 65802667. Please ensure that you reference your Name and Walk Registration number(s).

    - We will also accept monies when you check in on walk day.

  • REMEMBER: Completed paper Sponsorship Sheets still need posting to the Walk the Test Way Registrar at the above address for us to claim the extra 25% Gift Aid.

  • It would also be a great help if you could also send an email to: registrar@walkthetestway.org.uk with the payment details.

Printing Out Your Sponsorship Forms

At the end of the registration screen, if you prefer to sign up sponsors face to face, you can download and print a paper sponsorship form.

There are two formats: one is in PDF format that is fully completed by hand, the other is in Microsoft Word format for walkers who like to complete their name and their chosen charity details using their computer. There is also a 'continuation' sheet in both formats if you fill up your first page!

Please encourage your sponsors who are tax payers to complete their postal address details and tick the "Gift Aid" box as this allows us to collect Gift Aid from HMRC that adds an extra 25% to their sponsorship at no cost either to the sponsor or yourself!

...but remember we will distribute 80% of your Sponsorship if raised through JustGiving.

Downloads

Editable Word Document Sponsorship Sheet 2018 Sponsorship continue sheet 2018

PDF Document Sponsorship Sheet 2018 Sponsorship continue sheet 2018

we will contact walkers who have not submitted their sponsorship money three weeks after the walk, so that we can make payments to your chosen charity as soon as possible.

If you have any queries regarding sponsorship, please contact: treasurer@walkthetestway.org.uk


Completed sponsorship forms and money should be sent to:

The Registrar, Walk The Test Way,
PO Box 335, Romsey,
Hampshire, SO51 1BP