Terms and Conditions for Walk the Test Way 2018 Registration
Please be aware in registering for the walk, all walkers agree to the following:
- They will pay a non-refundable Registration Fee to the "Rotary Club of Romsey Test Trust Fund" as a contribution to the walk costs either by:
- PayPal at point of registration (PayPal accepts credit and debit cards)
- Cheque Payable to The Rotary Club of Romsey Test Trust Fund by post to The Registrar, Walk the Test Way, PO Box 335, Romsey, Hants. SO51 1BP
- Bank Transfer to Co-operative Bank plc, Sort Code 08-92-99, account number A/C 65802667
- They will each aim to raise Sponsorship (we suggest minimum of £50) in support of their nominated charity either by:
- Online using JustGiving, specifying "Rotary Club of Romsey Test Trust Fund" in support of the "Walk the Test Way"
- Use printed sponsorship sheets and agree to collect the sponsorship money and forward it together with the completed sheets to the Rotary Club's Walk Registrar within 3 weeks after the walk.
- They will pay all sponsorship to the Walk Registrar, NOT to their nominated charity.
- They understand The Rotary Club of Romsey Test will where appropriate claim back Gift Aid from HMRC and add to the sponsorship. Rotary will then deduct 25% from the total for the Club's own charitable purposes; the remaining 75% will be sent to their nominated charity. But it will be 20% and 80% if sponsorship is raised through JustGiving.
- They will have adequate clothing and footwear, and be able to complete their chosen walk. If walking the ‘marathon’ walkers should be able to finish in 9 hours, an average of at least 3mph.
- They will follow the directions of the walk marshals and not leave the signposted and marshalled route without notifying a marshal.
- If a walker is unable to continue or needs medical assistance, they will advise the nearest marshal, who can call for medical assistance or evacuation.
- If walking with a dog they should ensure it is on a short lead at all times particularly where contact with livestock is possible.
- Walkers who arrive at the Old Salisbury Lane after 1700hrs, should note for safety reasons they must take transport provided to the finish at Romsey Memorial Park for medal presentation.
- They understand that personal data is stored for a limited time on a computer system for the safe administration of “Walk the Test Way” but will not be used or conveyed to any other person or organisation for any other purpose.